Battle between 300 Wm vs 6.5x55

shocking300

Reaction score
For this match I decided to bring my 300 Wm 230 gr berger otm as forecast predicted wind 15 to 20. Julia shot her tikka in the ancient 6.5x55 140gr berger otm. The forecasters got it right that day in it was windy. At first I thought I have a huge advantage over the little 6.5. Then came the big surprise when Julia cleared the first stage with the same exact wind hold as 300. At the last stage I was down by 1 1/2 from Julia. No advantage was given to her some stages she had to shoot first I had to shoot last some stages there were 6-7 shooters in between. And some stages I had my doubts when I couldn't hit a rockchuck 615 yards Julia center smacked it. Well it happens to the best of us somehow she missidentified and shot the wrong target and I was able to hold just the 1/2 point lead. Wow what a fun day i was basically competing for the first place with Julia and I gave it all I had. Sorry about the long post u can skip few lines:D

Attachments

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Way way cool!!! "Scars heal glory fades and all that left is the memories made"

Congrats to you both.

PM me your address Nick Long Range Only would like to send you two a couple T shirts so you can represent us when your out and about.

Jeff

50caliber

Reaction score
have both caliber's and the 6.5x55 has a very rich history in shooting. Good job

Forum Sponsors