All military recruiting offices to carry weapons. Mandatory!

BigBuck

Reaction score
Just thought I would see how many would agree . If I understand correctly , legislation is being written right now . and they hope to get it passed that licensed concealed weapons carriers would have the right to carry at the recruiting offices . I would think this should pass without a doubt. 5 of our nation's finest have lost their lives this week . if you have served I appreciate all that you have done for our country !

MG386

Reaction score
I agree. We should have nationwide ccw reciprocal rights too.

caleb

Reaction score
I agree with the carrying of firearms there at recruiting centers, but would like to see a more widespread allowance of carrying for service members, since college kids can cary on some campuses, why wouldnt a service member who has had lots of weapons training and have gone through qualifications to show their marksmanship. Just because the potentially could, does not mean every person would carry, but for a guy to come on to a post or in to a facility knowing one or multiple people may be packing may change their minds a little

HARPERC

Reaction score
I support the concept, but I'm not sure military law, and civilian legislation can be blended. My understanding this policy is basically an order from the Commander in Chief. I have zero military experience, but curious as to other thoughts.

If folks at the initial attack site had been armed, there may have been no second attack site.

BigBuck

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your posts. The threat is very real today. In my opinion many have looked the other way far too long. The news agency around this tragedy has made interviews with "Muslim community's " and they said that there hearts was troubled by this " I can't post what I would like to say about that lie ! I have close friends in the military and they could set that straight . meaning the shooter was Muslim and his "religion" is not one of peace.

Bravo 4

Reaction score
Last week I helped put several hundred Soldiers through the M9 qualification. We are going to have armed personnel at all times, in our buildings and even in public. We can carry in the performance of our duties basically anywhere a cop can. For example; we usually have our PT test off post and we have a swim test soon that we have at a college and we will have armed security. Some places are letting their personnel carry their own concealed carry pistols but I really don't want to disclose any details, I only know what is happening around me and can just say that we are arming folks. I will say this, it's a knee jerk reaction and this has really always been a threat.
There are also talks about charges being brought upon a service member that returned fire on the armed gunman the other day, because he had his personal weapon in a government facility! Even though he may have saved lives by doing so....we'll see how this unfolds.

BigBuck

Reaction score
Yes sir definitely a reason . I can tell you that within a few miles like 2 , from this shooting that there is an elementary school . A good friend of mine works at the school and the police had a "person of interest" connected to the shooter . located just down the street from the school at an apartment complex which is mainly occupied by Muslims . when the FBI knocked on the door they were met with a six year old arab boy holding a black plastic rifle pointing it at them. The threat is here to stay until we send em back which I would not object .glad to here security is moving ahead.

benlow

Reaction score
I hope it goes through. I have always been of the mindset that a bad guy is going to think twice about walking in to a room full of loaded guns and pulling his.

Forum Sponsors