AG Composites Alpine Hunter stock review

rfurman24

LRO Rifle and Gear Review Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 6/30/19 Full Review is done. Please watch the Review here AG Composites Alpine Hunter Stock Review.
Then continue discussion in this thread if you have questions.

I had a few minutes tonight to get out and start testing the Alpine Hunter from Ag Composites. I will be doing a full review once I get some time behind it. Post any questions here.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyo

Reaction score
Tagging in. I ordered the same for a new build that should be done this spring. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

curtiscd

Reaction score
I have the adjustable version on order to throw a 338 Edge in. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this stock.

SierraJoe

Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

What is the weight of the stock on your rifle? Also, what is the bedding like from the factory? No bedding, just inletted? Pilars?

Thanks,
Joe

6.5sandoz

Reaction score
Hey good review. I purchased the vg2 per your review and im very happy with it. This is a very simular stock for benefits and features and i like being able to order these direct from ag composites and skip the unnamed distributor. Also like to mention that ag is very pleasant to deal with and answer questions.

Buxndiverdux

Reaction score
I have an AG Adjustable Hunter and have been very pleased with fit, finish and performance. I wouldn't hesitate to order another.

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Ryan,

What is the weight of the stock on your rifle? Also, what is the bedding like from the factory? No bedding, just inletted? Pilars?

Thanks,
Joe
My stock was very light. I would not count on it. I listed the average weight in the video. It would not make sense to "bed" a stock without an action. The stocks are very well inletted with aluminum pillars. I strongly suggest bedding any rifle worth purchasing a stock like this for.

SierraJoe

Reaction score
My stock was very light. I would not count on it. I listed the average weight in the video. It would not make sense to "bed" a stock without an action. The stocks are very well inletted with aluminum pillars. I strongly suggest bedding any rifle worth purchasing a stock like this for.
Thanks for the response. Perhaps I missed something, but I re-watched the video and didn’t hear or see the weight. AG lists the average weight as 31 oz. on their website for the Alpine Hunter. Is that consistent with your long action?

rfurman24

Staff member
Reaction score
The average weight for the exposed carbon such as the one I have will be 28 OZ. The painted ones will be 31 OZ.

Forum Sponsors