7mm rem mag sendero vs 300 weatherby

CaptCecil869

Reaction score
So I don’t know what to do here. I have recently gotten into the semi long range shooting and I love it. I have a Sendero SF II 7 mag that’s never been fired and I really like the gun, I had it scheduled to get a brake put on it and I have a new trigger ordered for it. Anyways I started thinking I needed a 300 caliber so I put it up for trade and I’ve been offered a 300 Weatherby Mark V.

Thoughts on what I should do? Keep the sendero or make the switch to the Weatherby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM MAN

Reaction score
Hands down the Sendero! They seem to shoot great !
I just picked up a 7mag to mess with. There seems to be alot of options for different bullets too .

Rum Man

Rjk300

Reaction score
I’d keep the sendero so many options out there for a rem 700 If you ever want to build something off it in the future. The sendero is usually pretty accurate but it wouldn’t hurt to see what your smith would charge to true and bed the action while it’s in for a brake maybe even lapp the barrel just tossing out a few options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djfergus

Reaction score
I shot a 7mm rm gen1 sendero sf for a long time. With Hornady 162 or 180s & retumbo, it's the most accurate factory rifle I've owned, and I've owned a bunch. I like the 300 wby case but I don't like all of that freebore in the factory chamber. And I don't like the fact that alot of them were 11 or 12 twist.

RBanta66

Reaction score
That is the right choice and if you look back at some of Gunwerks old videos they did a spot bedding job on one and a trigger job. Rifle shot pretty darn good. With a muzzle brake that rifle will be a dream to shoot. Being a heavier rifle they shoot great stand alone with no brake, however for long range the brake is the way to go. Enjoy your rifle!!

Forum Sponsors