.300 prc loads - 208 Berger LRHT

Old school

Reaction score
I’m new to the reloading and long range shooting game. I’ve read quite a few posts on this site and I’ve got a question. Looking to get my son setup with a .300 prc and am gathering reloading components now. Here’s what I’ve got:

N570 powder
Winchester primers
Berger 208 LRHT
Brass - only thing I’m missing. Waiting on Petersen brass to be available in January from what I’ve been told. Will call Lapua tomorrow to see when they will have some available.

I read the caliber specific info that is here on this site but didn’t see any info that includes the 208 gr bullet. Has anyone here used the 208 gr Berger and what was your experience with them? Will be mainly using them as a target round - maybe use it on occasion for deer.

Ecroofsalot

Reaction score
I think Midway has Norma brass. I’ve had good luck with Norma. That’s what Berger was using and I saved it from my factory bullets. I wouldn’t wait until January to have fun

Old school

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to find any brass anywhere. Hoping to find something soon.

LongshotJames

Reaction score
Old School,
You are the only other person I have heard of trying the 208LRHT
I have some 208LRHT but I am loading them in my 300WSM
In my 300PRC I plan to run the 220LRHT for the higher BC.

with the 220LRHT out of a 300wm I loaded up a quick batch at the end of last season and got 1\2"moa, validated drops based on Bergers BC and everything was accurate out to 700yds. I shot 2 large pigs at 100yds last year and they exploded as I would have expected resulting in Bang-Flop! The freeze in Texas ruined my chance of testing them further.

In my 300wsm using the 208LRHT, I am currently working up loads and preparing to shoot 20 or so deer this season so I hopeful to have better terminal reports in the coming weeks. I have achieved 1\2moa and getting 2775fps with .040" jump with the WSM. I have not done a depth test yet
James

Old school

Reaction score
Old School,
You are the only other person I have heard of trying the 208LRHT
I have some 208LRHT but I am loading them in my 300WSM
In my 300PRC I plan to run the 220LRHT for the higher BC.

with the 220LRHT out of a 300wm I loaded up a quick batch at the end of last season and got 1\2"moa, validated drops based on Bergers BC and everything was accurate out to 700yds. I shot 2 large pigs at 100yds last year and they exploded as I would have expected resulting in Bang-Flop! The freeze in Texas ruined my chance of testing them further.

In my 300wsm using the 208LRHT, I am currently working up loads and preparing to shoot 20 or so deer this season so I hopeful to have better terminal reports in the coming weeks. I have achieved 1\2moa and getting 2775fps with .040" jump with the WSM. I have not done a depth test yet
James
I wanted the Berger 215’s but the 208’s are all I can find. I was also hoping for the federal match primers but the only available ones are the winchesters. Right now beggars can’t be choosers….

Forum Sponsors