2022 Bows

CCooper

Reaction score
Anybody shot the new flagships this year? Thoughts, Opinions ? I was really impressed with Hoyt's offerings this year, especially the RX7 ultra. Probably the silkiest draw cycle I have ever felt on a bow and absolutely dead in hand on the shot and quiet which is something I think they have struggled with previously. First time in awhile I was really impressed with a new offering.

RBanta66

Reaction score
Podium Archer on YouTube is doing reviews on all the new flagship bows. The RX7 is rated at like 344fps and came in low at I believe 328avg, price tag is somewhere around $1700msrp. Bowtech releases there new 2022 lineup tomorrow as I've already seen some info and specs. I know a guy who owns a shop. Speed and quiet

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
I need to get one ordered. I am still shooting my 2020 model. So yeah I am interested too.

Lol! I am still shooting my Mathews Heli-m, which is 7yrs old. Still works for my type of hunting.

I’m spending my money on long range stuff now. If I were to buy anything new on the archery front, it would be a crossbow. I love shooting my bow, but the amount of time to practice seems to get fewer each year.

CCooper

Reaction score
They had a RX7 Ultra in the color I wanted in the shop I go to. I said screw it, I better get it. I haven't been that excited about a new bow since I bought my RX1.
Now the wait starts for all the inline supported accessories: ordered a black gold 5 pin slider with the pic mount, got on the waiting list for a pic mount hamskea rest, got on the waiting list for Hoyt's new inline low-pro quiver, and ordered a set of GAS ghost strings for it.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I'm a Mathews guy.....have been for 30 years, so naturally I'm a BIT biased.....
Shot their new V3X (currently I shoot the Vertix and V3 27") in 29" and came away impressed. Draw cycle feels that same as my V3, and the back wall is as rock solid as any Mathews with the SW cam system. I still feel that the backwall on Mathews is the best out there. I always find Mathews bows to be a touch top heavy, which I balance out with a back bar usually with about 3oz on it. The new V3X with their integrated through the riser is very interesting. With that weight being out front, and in the center of the riser, plus the Mathews quivers now mounting nearly 3/4" closer to the riser....is going to make for a very neutral bow when it is loaded out with a quiver and a few arrows.
Pretty cool stuff from Mathews, but nothing that will make me change out my V3.
I also recently shot the Hoyt RX7. Not the Ultra, as I absolutely love my Mathews Vertix for out west, and my compact V3 for the tree stand. Draw cycle feels great, with less of a "hump" in the back 1/3rd of the draw compared to the Mathews cams, but the back wall still felt mushy to me. My main complaint with Hoyt is in the carbon fiber. They just don't feel comfortable to me, and part of this I am sure is because I prefer a bit of "weight" in my bow setup. I played with a friend of mines Carbon RX4 and he asked me to set it up the way I would for hunting. In order to balance out that bow with a Tight Spot and a few arrows, I had to run a 10" back bar with 5oz and a 12" front with 2oz. Just seemed like a lot of accessories and to tack onto a $1500 bow.
Just me....but granted, I am a bit neurotic with my archery setups. ;)

RBanta66

Reaction score
So Bowtech released there SR350. Podium Archer tested with a 30in draw and a 350grn arrow and only got 334fps. For myself with only a 28in draw I need as much speed as I can get. The bottom line is more speed equals more kinetic energy. Right now I'm at 300fps with a 415gn arrow and if I can't best that with a new bow I'm not buying. I'm not one to get caught up in all the hype of new products. I wish these manufacturers would actually prove to the public how they come up with some of these claims/numbers they claim to achieve. Until then I'm not buying!!!

SierraJoe

Reaction score
I waited 6 months and never got my Bowtech 2021 special order. Luckily, I at least found one in black local so I could hunt. My lust for Bowtech and a new bow has been tempered. I won’t get a new bow until I can keep the performance and lose some weight.

BadDogPSD

Reaction score
After a long break, I'm looking to get back into the archery game... looking at the Mathews V3X 33, the Hoyt Ventum 33 Pro, and the Bowtech XL. I'm also pretty intrigued by the Hoyt RX7, but not sure I can justify spending that much!

Forum Sponsors