Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 27 Nosler ?

27 Nosler ?

So, back when Bullets.com went out of business I bought a bunch of boxes of 170 EOL. My plan was to build a 270 Weatherby 8 twist especially for these bullets. And I did. This barrel just DID NOT like them at all. They did however Love 150gr ABLR with 7828 at 3350!!
    My next devious maniacal plan is to build a 27 Nosler for the 170 gr EOL.
    Can anyone direct me to anyone/ Smith who can chamber a Remage barrel and has this reamer?
    Also wondering if getting a set of 26 or 27 Nosler bushing dies for sizing is a good idea or if there is a better option?
    If anyone has a better option I'm all ears.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Caliber = internal diameter of a barrel bore, outside diameter of a bullet

Cartridge = casing containing a bullet, powder and primer.

Anyone ?
    I did get RCBS dies

I believe Steve at Hammer Bullets has a 27 nosler reamer. Might be worth picking his brain.

This guy can...

https://raggedholebarrels.net/collections/remage-barrels

Just ordered a Pacnor 8 twist, SS Super match, Senero contour, 6 flute, Remage with their Pac Nut .

Sized a new piece of 26 Nosler in the RCBS dies... one pass and ot worked flawlessly. 20190807_171806.jpg

The headspace will not be a problem since I'm pushing the shoulders back so fireforming loads might not be dramatically different from 2nd firing.
    Plan on H1000, N570, RL33, Retumbo, 8133 development... probably in that order.

New to the forum,
    I had one built by PacNor a couple months ago. They make great barrels. Been working on load development. Mine is 30” 1-8 twist sendero contour. Accuracy is just under sub moa so far with both bullets you mentioned. Have to make up all my loads of course, no data available. Jury is still out, but I think it has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by EBates View Post
    New to the forum,
    I had one built by PacNor a couple months ago. They make great barrels. Been working on load development. Mine is 30” 1-8 twist sendero contour. Accuracy is just under sub moa so far with both bullets you mentioned. Have to make up all my loads of course, no data available. Jury is still out, but I think it has potential.
    Did you use 26 Nosler brass?

Yes, 26 through a rcbs 27 die. Works great, although my first batch closed hard on bolt, rubbing shoulder a bit. I reset my FL sizing to cam over on the up stroke a bit more firmly. Bolt closes like a dream.

Thank you. I am sizing Norma 26 Nosler also.

You wouldn't mind sharing which powders and bullets you've tried??

I listed the powders I plan on trying first but don't mind expanding my list.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast