Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 27 Nosler ?

Be glad to, not sure how to private message, I can give you my number and talk on phone with loads. Be nice to bounce some ideas off another, you and I are the only ones I know doing the 27 Nosler.

If you have a PacNor, your the second one on the reamer they ordered for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EBates View Post
    If you have a PacNor, your the second one on the reamer they ordered for me.
    That's a good thing. Casey and Jay are really good guys to deal with and are happy to answer my questions...which is quite a bit sometimes. I usually ask a smith how much their reamer is used but I didn't figure their 27 N had many rpms on it, lol.

If you click on my user name a list will pop up, it includes ' private message '.
    But I don't think Jeff will mind us sharing loads on the public forum.
    Caliber = internal diameter of a barrel bore, outside diameter of a bullet

Cartridge = casing containing a bullet, powder and primer.

BTW the only other guy I know that has one that I've talked to lives in Australia...really.

170 Berger, 150 ABLR, 160 Nosler part.
    Rl 33, RL 25, h1000, us869.
    RL 33 seems best so far. Best group yet was 82 gr rl 33- 3260fps 150 ablr. No pressure signs at all, plan on going higher.
    Best in 170 was also rl33, but 2900 fps at 76 grs, have along way to go to increase velocity.

That sounds right, my first 26 and 28 Nosler both love RL33, my current 26 prefers H50BMG. The guy across the pond said his likes RL33 also. My barrel is still a few weeks out. I wonder if N570 will beat 33 for velocity?

Oh, I almost forgot. I sent Jay a dummy round to throat the chamber for 170gr boat tail is right below the neck.20190807_171806.jpg

He told me this reamer has .000" freebore

That seems right, I have high hopes for the VLD but so far not great. Keep trying, I have never had great luck with the Bergers in any rifles. I am going to try them at 200 yds this week. Perhaps need a bit more distance to settle down??

Not sure how far you are jumping these 170s. My 28 N likes 175gr Elite Hunters jumping .095". I do seating depth test for every barrel. Maybe try seating them deeper.

Ive tried the Berger procedures from there reloading book, I will try more of a jump.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast