Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 wssm

25 wssm

I am thinking about building a rifle on a 700 LA mag frame in 25 wssm and having the chamber through cut a lil deep to handle the blackjack and hammer bullets. Has anyone loaded that caliber to magnum characteristics to get more speed and energy out of it?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Have you talked to blackjack? I know for sure they chambered a 25wssm to try. If you are lookung for good brass for the project check out Home - Bertram Brass

Since you have a long action have you looked at a 25-300 WSM. I built one on a win 70 WSM action shooting 115 Bergers at 3300. I run 270 WSM brass through the sizing die and clean up the necks a little and it works great. Just something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Have you talked to blackjack? I know for sure they chambered a 25wssm to try. If you are lookung for good brass for the project check out Home - Bertram Brass

Last time I emailed them they hadn't done anything with the 25 wssm

Quote Originally Posted by 450Dakota View Post
    Since you have a long action have you looked at a 25-300 WSM. I built one on a win 70 WSM action shooting 115 Bergers at 3300. I run 270 WSM brass through the sizing die and clean up the necks a little and it works great. Just something to consider.

I have lave looked at doing the 25 pronghorn (25-300wsm) too. I just think to much and get something stuck in my head that I just have to do it. I am doing a remage barrel so If I want I can switch to that If I dont like it.

The 6.5 wsm would be a simple neck down to your .25

I keep thinking about a 6.5 PRC necked down to .25 cal and using that same bullet. It would bring the velocity back up with the bigger case and using the heavier bullet. I can't help but think that the .25 WSSM would drop me too far below that 2900-3000 fps I like with the quarter bore. Just my thoughts is all.

25 wssm

I wonder about just ladder load it up to magnum pressures like all the other wssms

I also was thinking of doing 25/300 wsm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0384.jpg

25 wssm with 131 blackjack Ace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged, this seems like a very interesting thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast