Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5 wsm

Quote Originally Posted by dementedFox View Post
    been running A 6.5 WSM IMP the year the wsm case was introduced to the market have built 63 to date my self and my customes have worn out I have rebarreled about 20 of those rifes and some of the 3 times its a great performance rifle 3400 fps with a 140 vld kills game wonderful longest kills 1700 plus yard on bears and elk
    Short action or long? What’s OAL? Would love to do one of these in a medium length action (I have a defiance). How fast do you think it would push the 150 Sierra or the 156 Berger if they ever make it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am very interested in this cartridge. I have a Sako finnlight 300wsm I would like to use if possible. DementedFox, do you have number I could reach you at? I would love to use a gunsmith that has so much experience with this cartridge if possible

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I have not shot this in a few weeks.
    -Tikka magnum t3
    -Tikka 24" creedmoor barrel reamed out to 6.5 wsm (wouldnt do this again)
    . . . .

Just curious - why not?

Wouldnt rechamber a factory tikka barrel again is what i meant by that. I would go with a new blank barrel so the chamber is reamed square to the bore and perfect.

Caleb - thanks for following up on my question. BTW, how's the load development going? Did you happen to try any 120gn bullets? As someone who loves the .264WinMag, I am very intrigued by the .264WSM.
    25-06AI, 264 Win Mag, 26 Nosler, 270WSM, 300 WSM, 325WSM

Quote Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
    Caleb - thanks for following up on my question. BTW, how's the load development going? Did you happen to try any 120gn bullets? As someone who loves the .264WinMag, I am very intrigued by the .264WSM.
    I ended up tearing the barrel off and am thinking either another 6.5 wsm on a new barrel or possibly play with a long throated 7wsm. Havent decided yet. I may got 6.5 wsm again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12