Sights and range settings

What sights are you using and what are your pins dialed out to?

I'm using the spot hogg grinder mrt (5-pin) with pins set at 20, 30, 40, and 50. Feeling pretty decent out to 50 yards this season. My only complaint is the 0.010 fiber pins don't let any light through unless I'm using the rheostat. Otherwise it is an extremely sturdy sight with no plastic on it. Montec g5's and field points are grouping perfectly together.

Administrator
    I've got an IQ sight with 2 fixed pins and 1 rover. Currently set to 20 and 30 on the fixed with the rover set to 40, but I can dial it to about 70 if I need to. I'm relatively comfortable out to 40.

I want to try a customized Pure Gold 75 at some point. Probably with 3 pins and mounted on a dovetail setup. Another option I'm considering is one of the Axcel sights. I love the one I have on my target bow.

-David

I am looking to change sights after this season is over. The pins are just too dark. I have been looking at the IQ's as well. How do you like the pins?

Administrator

I've not had a problem with the brightness of the pins. They aren't the brightest I've seen. I've not really used it in the woods or at first/last light, so I'm not the best to answer from those perspectives. The pins on the Black Gold/Pure sights are definitely brighter and they have the photo chromatic cover to reduce the brightness when it is too bright.