Leupold rx2800 tbrw

Has anyone seen the TRex review of this rangefinder? He said that someone was at the king of two miles event with one and it was hanging with the terrapin X. Anyone on here used one. I just bought a Leica 2400 but Iím sending it back so I can try the Leupold rx2800 out.

check it out report back, I am interested in it as well

Sure will. Amazon is showing delivery Jan 9-14. I canít wait.

Finally got to play with the rx2800 Monday. The weather has been bad here. Anyway I was ranging diamond shaped road signs with ease over 2,000 yards.

I purchased the RX2800 as well. I was able to go out quite far with myself. I was able to range a mountain side with grass and shrubs out to 2750. According to their GPS surveying equipment, they said the actual distance was 2780 or so. I was able to get the unit to repeat the measurement of 2750. At the mile target, I was getting 1758ish and the actual distance was 1762 so that's very close. It was spot on at 1500, 12XX something, 1000, 800, 100. I tried it multiple times during the class I was in, morning, bright sun mid-day, and evening hours. I was very happy with it. The temps ranged from 30 deg up to high 60's. At 30 deg I let it sit in those temps for several hours and tried it without an issue. Battery was fairly new.

I did get some repeatable readings out to 3030 yards but it was so hard to keep still on a specific target out that far, even on a nice tripod. I tried that distance about 3 different times throughout the class.

In short, I really like it and had no concern-able issues out to 2000 yards. Even though I got a different number than the surveying stuff, I got the different number throughout the class, so the unit is very repeatable.

Even the Terrapin X gave a different number than the GPS equipment as well as the RX2800.

There were several RX2800's at this class and they all agreed with each other, on one particular section of the class. We were all comparing numbers just to see the differences in equipment. I can't even verify how close the GPS unit was, however, they surveyed the 3030 target like a year ago or so, and re-surveyed again during my class. The error on the unit was like less than .25"... so who knows.

I'm happy with it!
    Been workin' hard tryin' to hardly work, it just ain't hardly workin' out...

How has the RX2800 been for deer sized game? This is the thing that most that shoot far on objects seem to lack in.

Good information by the way. Thanks.
    The memory's of the hunt and fresh meat on the table combined with the beauty of Gods creation. Keeps many a man from being a vegetarian. --- DLG

Quote Originally Posted by NEMTHunter View Post
    How has the RX2800 been for deer sized game? This is the thing that most that shoot far on objects seem to lack in.

Good information by the way. Thanks.
    I'm not a hunter (yet anyways, lol) but I was able to shoot some cows with it one day while at the class I took. They ranged from about 800 yards out to about 1500 yards, without issue. I had to brace myself against a pole or place it on top of my scope or tripod but I had no issues. I know cows are larger than most whitetail. I will try it out on some deer here locally, shouldn't be an issue.
    Been workin' hard tryin' to hardly work, it just ain't hardly workin' out...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmie View Post
    I'm not a hunter (yet anyways, lol) but I was able to shoot some cows with it one day while at the class I took. They ranged from about 800 yards out to about 1500 yards, without issue. I had to brace myself against a pole or place it on top of my scope or tripod but I had no issues. I know cows are larger than most whitetail. I will try it out on some deer here locally, shouldn't be an issue.
    That would be great if you could try it on deer. I have found cows range way more easy then deer. And you can range them a lot farther to.
    The memory's of the hunt and fresh meat on the table combined with the beauty of Gods creation. Keeps many a man from being a vegetarian. --- DLG