28 Nosler-Berger 195 Reamer

Does anyone have a proven reamer design for this round?

Doing a new build, my mag will be 3.74 but I have no problem single loading.

I have no personal experience but Ryan Pierce of piercisonrifles.com chambers 28 Noslers specifically for the 195. He built my buddies rifle and it moves like a freight train. Google searching his name may come up with what your looking for.

thx, I'll give Ryan a call

I had a 28 and I am not a fan however if I were going to build one I would have Ryan do it.

I have a competent gunsmith, just wanted to see if I could find him a reamer and save some steps.

Called Ryan and he won't release his print.

He's put a lot into it and I don't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I have a competent gunsmith, just wanted to see if I could find him a reamer and save some steps.

Called Ryan and he won't release his print.

He's put a lot into it and I don't blame him.

I am not saying your gunsmith is not competent but no-one is building 28s like Ryan period.

Quote Originally Posted by rfurman24 View Post
    I am not saying your gunsmith is not competent but no-one is building 28s like Ryan period.
    Trust me, there is always someone out there...
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you
    down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by rfurman24 View Post
    Well, dang....

Guess I'll cancel my build, thanks for your opinion.

I used a standard no throat reamer and then ran a throating reamer for .288 freebore. shoots little bug hole groups but i cant get the speed ryan does without hitting pressure. Mine runs 195's with 84.5gr R33 at 3060fps (ES of 11) in nosler brass with CCI 250 primers. I havent had any brass issues yet and im on the 4th firing. I havent got a chance to check throat yet but after 300 rounds just running my modified case the throat has moved about .008ish. Hope I get 750 rounds out of it.
    Last edited by kupper; 06-10-2019 at 13:21.

I had a 28 Nosler. If I could do it all over again I would run Retumbo or H1000 and have it throated for the 180 vld, 184 Hybrid, 175 eldx. Powder choice is a big factor for me when choosing a cartridge.