Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    LRO Product Review Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern UT
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmShooter View Post
    Wow, and that doesn't seem like a hot load at all.....
    It's certainly not a hot load. The horizontal crack you can see in the barrel 4" down from the throat is interesting. I imagine that was certainly contributing to the bullets blowing up.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    320
    Great pics, nice to see some well documented info coming out. Browninglover1 what was your buddy's normal shooting practices as far number of shots consecutively before cooling?

  3. #23
    That's not surprising from an XCalibure barrel.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    We ain't raisen no yuppy girls! When in doubt, pull the 338 out!

  4. #24
    LRO Product Review Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern UT
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by BClrh View Post
    Great pics, nice to see some well documented info coming out. Browninglover1 what was your buddy's normal shooting practices as far number of shots consecutively before cooling?
    5-10 shot strings and then he'd let it cool.

  5. #25
    LRO Product Review Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern UT
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
    That's not surprising from an XCalibure barrel.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Rhian,
    Have you seen shorter barrel life with Xcaliber barrels compared to others?

  6. #26
    Ya, their heat treat is so variable batch to batch you can't count on any consistency. I've talked with another couple guys who have seen barrels shot out very premature. To much trouble with them having bores that will open in and out as you slug them and the twist rates are frequently missed, out of probably 20+ that I've had come it I only put a reamer in two of them.
    Their employee turn over is high so there no way to get a consistent product.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    We ain't raisen no yuppy girls! When in doubt, pull the 338 out!

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
    5-10 shot strings and then he'd let it cool.
    800 accurate rounds with 5-10 shot strings in a 28 nosler. I cant say I would complain about that. That is putting the smack down on something that overbore.

  8. #28
    LRO Product Review Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern UT
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by BClrh View Post
    800 accurate rounds with 5-10 shot strings in a 28 nosler. I cant say I would complain about that. That is putting the smack down on something that overbore.
    I don't think it's a complaint. Just an observation for this barrel.

  9. #29
    Browninglover, was your friends barrel SS or CM ?

  10. #30
    LRO Product Review Editor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern UT
    Posts
    627

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoteklr View Post
    Browninglover, was your friends barrel SS or CM ?
    SS barrel from Xcaliber

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •